Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Just Now.

Assalamua'alaikum.

Ramadan dah nak berakhir. Syawal nak datang dah. Perasaan itu. Hmmm.
I continue my part-time profession ; a kindergarten teacher. Fuhhh I was given 5 & 6 years old kiddies, instead of 4. Alhamdulillah quite easy to handle as most of them are brainiac, but still, lots of things to explain to their inquisitive minds. They want to know everything that they don't. That's good for their growth. It shows that the brain cells are well-functioned and keep connecting. When one day you have your own children, what you need to prepare is increase your patience level, besides those parenting skills (I think patience is included in the skills). When they ask, explain. When they keep repeating the same, be patient, and continue explaining. Scolding and cursing them (e.g : call them stupid) are not the way to shut their mouth . It is even worsen the condition, as it might hurt their emotions. They might perceive, "I don't understand, and I want to know why. But Papa becomes angry when I ask more. I should stop asking..". They are probably scared to ask any questions next time. (If you keep pissed off everytime they do so.) So, stop becoming the barrier to their growing thoughts. There are many ways in teaching children, but putting anger as the addition to build their characters is not a proper way. Be strict.

.....

Student : Teacher, what are you doing?

Me : Reading.

*silence*

Student : But why you keep quiet? You do not READ.

Me : I do. I read with my heart.

Student : *Blurry face o.o''

hehe. For them, READ means read out loud. We pronounce every word that we read. (Kids' dictionary)


Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment